PhD Editing Service
Why Might You Need Our Professional PhD Editing Services?
When you carry out any form of academic writing, especially at PhD level, you put a lot of time and effort into making sure that you have carefully carried out your research, collected all the relevant sources to use when citing them and that the quality of your writing is the best you can make it. However, what many people forget is that you should apply the same rule when it comes to checking your work, perfecting it to remove the tiniest of errors. By using a PhD editing service such as ours, we can help ensure that all those long hours you spent collecting important data, trying to decipher what it all means won’t be wasted when you hand in a paper which is so full of errors, it is difficult for anyone to follow.
Thorough PhD thesis editing and research proposal writing service, editing is a skill which takes some time to complete correctly; it requires having an extensive all round knowledge, wide ranging descriptive vocabulary and the ability to express ideas concisely. However, the biggest problem when it comes to carrying out the editing stage; so The Writing Center, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill tells us:
is getting some distance away from the text! It’s hard to edit or proofread a paper that you’ve just finished writing—it’s still too familiar, and you tend to skip over a lot of errors. Put the paper aside for a few hours, days, or weeks. Go for a run. Take a trip to the beach. Clear your head of what you’ve written so you can take a fresh look at the paper and see what is really on the page. Better yet, give the paper to a friend—you can’t get much more distance than that. Someone who is reading the paper for the first time comes to it with completely fresh eyes.
This is why more people are now using professional PhD dissertation editing services such as ours to help them get through this often troublesome stage.
The Most Common Mistakes People Make When Carrying out PhD Editing
There are many mistakes that are common when producing such large pieces of work like a dissertation paper and finding them all can prove difficult. Ensuring that you leave enough time once an initial draft has been finished to read through it several times is essential to make it error free. Our research proposal writing service has included some of the most common errors which are made for you to take a look at:
- Similar sounding words: Probably the most often made mistake is getting words mixed up which sound the same. Words such as there or their, our and are can be very difficult to notice but will spoil the paper.
- Using the same tense: Most research papers and narratives should be written in the past tense but very often this gets forgotten. Consistency should be maintained throughout the paper and this is often difficult to pick up on.
- Commas used incorrectly: A comma placed in the wrong position in a sentence can turn it into a very confusing one, resulting in the reader having to start each sentence over many times to try and make sense of it.
- Organization: Many papers have poor organization and become confusing or repetitive.Check for transitions, topic sentences, a firm and clear thesis, and a strong introduction and conclusion.
- Incorrect use of nouns and pronouns: Many people often make the mistake of mixing singular nouns with plural pronouns when they speak to avoid having to use a gendered pronoun. This often gets included in their writing so instead of “Each student has their own opinion,” it should be “The students each have their own opinions.”
- Inflated sentences: Adding inflating sentences by including prepositional phrases or passive voice makes your work sound pretentious, and could also make it difficult to read.For example instead of saying in the event of”, simply say “if.”
- Apostrophes: Nearly always used to try and make a plural description, but generally always wrong.
- Using colloquialism in writing: Many things we say are not acceptable in written work but this is often forgotten. You might say “I gotta work til eight,” but when writing it down, I should be, “I have to work until eight.”
How Our Professional Editing PhD Thesis Service Works
Once you have decided upon our PhD editing services and have submitted your paper to us, you will be assigned one of our experts based on their qualifications and experience within your subject field who, after checking for any instructions you may have given them, will carefully and thoroughly start checking through your paper using their advanced skills and techniques picked up over many years in the business. They will be looking to catch all spelling or grammar mistakes, ensuring the correct use of punctuation, making sure the content is correct and that it has been logically arranged in a consistent style thereby making it easier for the reader to follow. Once our PhD thesis proofreading expert has completed their first check, your paper will then be sent to you for review with all alterations being clearly marked for you to see. You have an unlimited number of reviews to use and are invited to make any further alterations to suit your own needs which will then be carried out so that the paper fully meets your expectations. Once the proofreading for PhD thesis is complete, we will then carry out a full plagiarism check to ensure your essay is unique before sending it to you.
Our Editing Services for PhD Thesis Employs Only the Best to Work with You
We know how difficult it is to perform any high-level research and then get this down on paper without making mistakes in vocabulary, especially when handling a large amount of data. However, simple mistakes can make all the difference between having a successfully written thesis paper and having it returned for containing too many errors. By relying on our PowerPoint presentation services in conjunction with our editing team, we will always assign an editor to you that:
- Is fully qualified to higher degree level
- Can read and write in English as their main language
- Comprehends and obeys all academic rules regarding citations, referencing and plagiarism
- Has a high level of competence with many years of carrying out PhD editing
- Uses standard editing symbols to show corrections and tracks all changes between reviews
Kim Cooper at the Harvard writing centre says to:
Be sparing in your use of rhetorical or stylistic flourishes—cutesy touches like alliteration, double entendres, or extended metaphors. A well-placed sentence fragment or a sentence beginning with “And” or “But” or “Or” can emphasize a point well. But too much of this sort of thing and you’ll sound shrill. Or dull. It’s okay to wink at your reader every now and then if that’s appropriate to your essay’s tone, but try to avoid spending so much time winking that you never seem to have your eyes open.
Advantages of Using Our PhD Editing Services
We understand that your thesis paper needs to be of the highest standard for you to earn the credit which you have worked so hard to achieve. This is why we always provide the best PhD editing service which aims to exceed all your expectations and keep you returning to us for future needs. As well as enjoying some of the best and most highly specialized range of services, you also receive:
- Support which is always on hand whenever you need it
- Attractive rates with flexible discounts and no surprises
- Editing that tracks changes between each review
- Strict attention to deadlines
- Free plagiarism checks as standard
- A full refund guaranteed if not happy with the end result